This will be a blinded study to compare the absorption of topical haloperidol with placebo
- Age: patient must be 18 years or older and less than 70 years of age.
- Provision of informed consent
- No previous adverse reaction to haloperidol
- No current use of haloperidol
- Good health
- No alcohol within 24 hours of the study
- No significant cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, hematologic, neurologic, renal, hepatic or pulmonary disease.
- Normal neurologic exam
- Evidence of any other significant clinical disorder or laboratory finding that makes it undesirable for the patient to participate in the study
- Recent cerebral trauma
- Study will exclude women who are pregnant and/or nursing
- Women who are of child bearing potential must have a negative urine pregnancy test.
- History of seizures
- Taking medications that can interact with haloperidol
- Subjects with significant cardiovascular (cardiac conduction deficits), gastrointestinal, hematologic, neurologic, renal, hepatic or pulmonary disease.
Last updated: 04/01/2013
NCT ID: NCT01684969