- Identify molecular characteristics that predict for overall survival and progression-free survival of patients treated with erlotinib hydrochloride, temozolomide, and radiotherapy on clinical trial NCCTG-N0177.
- Identify molecular characteristics that predict for overall survival and progression-free survival of patients treated with gefitinib after radiotherapy on clinical trial NCCTG-N0074.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Tissue samples from patients enrolled on clinical trials NCCTG-N0177 or NCCTG-N0074 are analyzed by microarray analysis and immunohistochemistry for biological markers predicting progression-free survival and overall survival. Biological markers include epidermal growth factor expression, vIII mutant p53 gene, P-AKT, p7056k, S6, 4EBP1, STAT-3, PLC-g, Erk, ErbB2, ErbB3, ErbB4, platelet-derived growth factor receptor, IGF1R, interleukin-6, FADD, and MGMT.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 120 patients will be accrued for this study.
- Enrolled on clinical trials NCCTG-N0177 or NCCTG-N0074
- Must have appropriate archived clinical specimens
- Not specified
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
- See Disease Characteristics
Last updated: 01/16/2013
NCT ID: NCT00897663