This study is being conducted to assess varenicline and bupropion as aids to smoking cessation treatment in subjects with and without an established diagnosis of major psychiatric disorder and to characterize the neuropsychiatric safety profile (pre-specified adverse events (AEs) in both of these populations).
- Male or female cigarette smokers, 18- 75 years, motivated to stop smoking and considered suitable for a smoking cessation attempt.
- Smoked an average of at least 10 cigarettes per day during past year and during the month prior to the screening visit, and exhaled carbon monoxide (CO) >10 ppm at screening.
- For Neuropsychiatric cohort- subjects must have proper diagnosis as outlined in protocol.
- Subjects with a past or current diagnosis of one of the following disorders:
a. Psychotic Disorders:
- Delusional Disorder
- Psychotic Disorder NOS b. All Delirium, Dementia, and Amnestic and Other Cognitive Disorders c. All Substance Induced Disorders (Other than nicotine)
Last updated: 05/22/2013
NCT ID: NCT01456936