The purpose of the research study is to collect blood samples and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) from people with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). These samples will be collected approximately every 4 months.
- Age 18 or older
- Diagnosis of suspected, possible, probable or definite ALS according to El Escorial Criteria
- Vital capacity (VC) at least 50 percent predicted
- Able to undergo multiple lumbar punctures
- Abnormal CSF pressure or intracranial/intraspinal tumors
- Use of anticoagulant medication that cannot be safely withheld
- Bleeding disorders
- This is a partial listing.
Last updated: 11/13/2012
NCT ID: NCT01495390