The purpose of this study is to determine the safety and pharmacokinetics of MMX mesalamine following administration in children and adolescents with ulcerative colitis.
1. Subjects aged 5-17 years, with appropriately obtained informed consent and assent.
2. Subject has a documented history of ulcerative colitis for at least 3 months.
3. Subjects who are currently on 5-ASA or product(s) containing or metabolized to mesalamine must have been on a stable regimen for at least 4 weeks prior to first dose of investigational medicinal product.
4. Subjects who are not currently on a drug regimen, or on a 5-ASA or product containing or metabolized to mesalamine, must have been on a stable regimen for at least 4 weeks prior to first dose at least 4 weeks prior first dose of investigational medicinal product.
5. Body weight of 18kg-82kg inclusive.
1. Current or recurrent disease (eg cardiovascular, renal, liver, malignancy or other conditions) that could affect the colon, the action, absorption or disposition of the IMP, or clinical or laboratory assessments with the exception of their existing ulcerative colitis.
2. Ulcerative Colitis known to be confined to the rectum (isolated rectal proctitis).
3. Any history of hepatic impairment or moderate to severe renal impairment.
4. The use of systemic or rectal steroids within the last 4 weeks, immunomodulators within the last 6 weeks, biologics within 6 months, antibiotic use within the last 7 days prior to the first dose of investigational medicinal product.
Last updated: 03/11/2013
NCT ID: NCT01130844