The purpose of this study is to compare the overall survival of brivanib versus sorafenib in subjects with advanced HCC who have not received prior systemic therapy.
- Histologic or cytologic confirmed diagnosis of HCC.
- Advanced HCC: disease not eligible for surgical and/or locoregional therapies OR progressive disease after surgical and/or locoregional therapies
- Child-Pugh Class A
- ECOG performance status 0-1
- Adequate hematologic, hepatic, and renal function
- Prior use of any systemic anti-cancer chemotherapy, immunotherapy or molecular targeted agents for HCC
- History of active cardiac disease
- Thrombotic or embolic events within the past 6 months (except HCC tumor thrombus)
- Any other hemorrhage/bleeding event >= CTCAE Grade 3 within 8 weeks except for esophageal or gastric varices
- Inability to swallow tablets or untreated malabsorption syndrome
Last updated: 08/21/2012
NCT ID: NCT00858871