The purpose of this study is to determine if early Barrett's specialized intestinal metaplasia can be detected by measuring early increased blood supply of the esophageal tissue, with 4 Dimensional Elastic Light-Scattering Fingerprinting, (4D-ELF) technology in real time.
- age 18 years or older,
- informed written consent,
- patient scheduled for previously planned upper endoscopy
- liver disease;
- gastric antral vascular ectasia (GAVE);any known non-esophageal aerodigestive malignancy;
- severe cardiopulmonary disease precluding endoscopy; presence of conditions not allowing biopsy (e.g. coagulation disorder);
- known familial polyposis syndrome (FAP, HNPCC, Juvenile polyposis, etc.);
- known pregnancy or sexually active females of childbearing age who are not practicing an accepted form of birth control.
Last updated: 04/26/2013
NCT ID: NCT01188980