The investigators propose to evaluate Molecular Breast Imaging in patients undergoing neoadjuvant therapy for breast cancer with the aims to document that 1) the change in uptake of 99mTc-sestamibi prior to initiation of neoadjuvant therapy, after 3-5 weeks of neoadjuvant therapy and at completion of neoadjuvant therapy prior to breast cancer surgery will be a reflection of the tumor response to neoadjuvant therapy.
2) Tumor response at 3-5 weeks of neoadjuvant therapy is predictive of tumor response at completions of neoadjuvant therapy.
3) Post-neoadjuvant tumor size as determined by MBI corresponds to size found at surgery.
- Women with breast cancer scheduled to undergo neoadjuvant chemotherapy therapy or neoadjuvant hormone therapy and who have undergone any breast imaging procedure, and in whom a repeat imaging procedure is planned prior to definite surgery. MRI of the breast for accurate tumor size evaluation is recommended but not necessarily required for study inclusion.
- Are able to return for a 3-5 week follow-up MBI study and for the final MBI study at completion of the neoadjuvant therapy.
- Patient age > 18
- Unable to understand or sign a consent form
- Pregnant or lactating
- Physically unable to sit upright and still for 40 minutes
Last updated: 05/08/2013
NCT ID: NCT01023802