- To collect clinical data and family histories and blood and/or tissue samples from patients diagnosed with pancreatic diseases, including pancreatic cancer, for use in future studies.
- To collect information regarding food preparation and intake in these patients.
- To make available to researchers medical data and biospecimens to enable them to develop better ways to screen people at risk for pancreatic conditions, including pancreatic cancer.
- To investigate genes or substances that increase susceptibility of developing pancreatic conditions.
- To find agents that may help prevent, treat, or cure these conditions.
- To learn whether inherited factors increase the risk of pancreatic diseases, pancreatic cancer, or other cancers.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Patients complete two 1-hour surveys assessing health, clinical and family history of pancreatic conditions including cancer, and food preparation and intake. Patients also complete a 15- to 30-minute follow up survey at 6 months and 1 year to assess health, health practices, and family history. A review of the patient's medical information is obtained from the medical record.
Blood samples are collected for future research studies. Oral cells and stool samples may also be collected for future studies.
- Diagnosis or suspicion of at least one of the following:
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pancreatic mass
- Islet cell tumor
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms (IPMN)
- Hereditary pancreatitis
- Able to understand and read English
- Mentally competent and able to provide informed consent
- Has not donated blood within the past 8 weeks
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
- At least 7 days since prior blood transfusion
- At least 7 days since prior surgery
Last updated: 01/11/2013
NCT ID: NCT00830557
IRB Number:354-06 356-06