To assess the effect of ablation therapy on Barrett's esophagus. Proposal Ablation therapy is an FDA approved treatment to decrease cancer risk in Barrett's esophagus mucosa. This is being performed in our Barrett's Esophagus Unit on a regular basis. However, the longterm outcomes of this therapy is not established and there are patients who have been treated who later re-develop Barrett's mucosa. This study will allow us store tissue samples that can later be used to assess the effect of ablative therapy on Barrett's esophagus.
- Patients who have had or qualify for ablation therapy for treatment of their barrett's esophagus with high grade dysplasia or early esophageal adenocarcinoma
- Ability to provide informed consent
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status 3 or 4
- Inability to tolerate endoscopic procedures
- Pregnancy: Females of child-bearing age will be screened with pregnancy test.
Last updated: 11/06/2012
NCT ID: NCT00587314