This is a single arm, open label study of approximately 100 high-risk prostate cancer patients scheduled for prostatectomy and extended pelvic lymph node dissection. Patients receive a single IV dose of 99mTc-MIP-1404 (study drug) followed by SPECT/CT scan 3-6 hours after injection. As standard of care, patients will undergo prostatectomy and extended pelvic lymph node dissection (EPLND) within three weeks of study drug dosing. 99mTc-MIP-1404 image data will be evaluated for visible uptake and compared with histopathology.
- Male aged 21 years or older.
- Ability to provide signed informed consent and willingness to comply with protocol requirements.
- Biopsy confirmed presence of adenocarcinoma of the prostate gland.
- At high-risk for metastatic disease by a stage of cT3, cT4, or a total nomogram score of greater than or equal to 130.
- Scheduled to undergo radical prostatectomy with extended pelvic lymph node dissection.
- Agree to use an acceptable form of birth control for a period of 7 days after the 99mTc MIP-1404 injection.
- Participating would significantly delay the scheduled standard of care therapy.
- Administered a radioisotope within 5 physical half lives prior to study drug injection.
- Have any medical condition or other circumstances that, in the opinion of the investigator, would significantly decrease obtaining reliable data, achieving study objectives or completing the study.
- Have a contraindication for MR imaging.
Last updated: 04/17/2013