The purpose of this study is to see if MR-guided laser ablation can effectively treat prostate tumor recurrences.
- Patients with "biopsy proven" soft tissue tumor recurrences of prostate fossa referred to Urology and/or Interventional Radiology for treatment.
- Surgery is not a desirable alternative therapy at the time of enrollment
- Radiation therapy has failed or not indicated or can be safely postponed
- Tumor size ≤ 5 cm at its largest diameter
- Tumor does not encompass the rectal wall or external urethral sphincter
- Performance status is ECOG 2 or better in adults
- Patient is able to undergo MRI
- Patients with pacemaker or defibrillator
Last updated: 12/04/2012