- Evaluate the diagnostic and prognostic relevance of alterations of specific chromosomes and chromosomal regions including 7, 9p, 10p, 10q, 13q, 17p, 17q, 19q, 22q, X, and Y, using PCR analysis of microsatellite repeats and FISH.
- Evaluate the diagnostic and prognostic relevance of DNA ploidy by flow cytometric analysis; compare with ploidy determination by FISH.
- Assess the diagnostic and prognostic relevance of various markers of cellular proliferation and cellular function including flow cytometric determination of %S-phase, %G2M, and immunohistochemical evaluation of PCNA, Ki-67, and p53.
OUTLINE: Previously preserved paraffin-embedded tissue blocks are obtained and used for biomarker studies. Blood samples obtained during treatment are also obtained. Loss of heterozygosity of specific chromosomal regions are performed using PCR analysis of microsatellite repeats (41,118-120) on DNA extracted from the paraffin-embedded archival specimens. FISH and flow cytometry may also be used to assess chromosomal loss of deletion. Immunohistochemistry is also performed.
- Diagnosis of low-grade glioma, meeting 1 of the following criteria:
- Paraffin embedded tumor tissue blocks obtained while enrolled in prospective NCCTG and Mayo studies available
- Paraffin-embedded tumor tissue blocks obtained while enrolled in NCCTG 86-72-51 or NCCTG 93-72-02 available
- Not specified
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
- See Disease Characteristics
Last updated: 01/18/2013