- To collect clinical history, family history, and blood and/or tissue samples from family members of patients diagnosed with pancreatic diseases, pancreatic cancer, or melanoma.
- To learn whether inherited factors increase the risk of pancreatic diseases, pancreatic cancer, or other cancers.
OUTLINE: Study participants undergo collection of blood and/or tissue samples as well as survey data for inclusion in a familial data and tissue registry. Participants complete two baseline surveys regarding their personal, family, health, and environmental exposure histories and regarding their opinions on cancer and cancer screening. Patients also complete a follow-up survey at 1 year and undergo review of their medical records.
- Meets 1 of the following criteria:
- Has at least 2 blood relatives with pancreatic cancer (both must be related)
- Has at least 1 blood relative with pancreatic cancer and 1 with melanoma (both must be related)
- Mentally competent and able to provide informed consent
- Able to understand and read English
PRIOR CONCURRENT THERAPY:
- Not specified
Last updated: 01/11/2013